Overdue Number 1: Sunflowers and Sunny Coastlines

It's been almost three months since I last updated our adventures which must be considered an eternity in the world of blogging. The downtime was long enough that I was even able to redesign the look and feel of this site -- quite a feat for someone who has zero artistic sense and just randomly clicks buttons, selects colors, and drags bars until the prettiest layout appears. Anyway, that has left me with almost a gig's worth of raw images, a sizable allotment of neurological power for recall, and loads of mental notes, catchy phrases and witty remarks in mind. And while I do have tons of material to work with, how to present it in a not-so-dragging manner is another matter. On her blog, C made the incredibly smart move to use snapshots as a way of documenting our trips. Clever. For this post however, I decided to go on the more creative route and use... more snapshots. Heh. I originally intended to do one very long post but figured I was too lazy to do so. Instead, I broke them up into three smaller parts, one for each month. Details of the May 2014 escapade starts on the next page.

Side note: Labor Day 2014 also coincided with our 11th. Such romantic.



Who's the cutest now, huh?
While everyone was busy getting drunk on Laboracay, we had ourselves some nice little sidetrips around UP Diliman. First stop was the University Avenue and its rows of blooming sunflowers. Quite significant since C missed out on these yellow treasures on her June 2013 visit to the campus. Of more importance though was the fact that this was our first time using C's monopod for our mandatory selfies. 
I must say, the monopod is indeed useful!
The little furry guy also had his moment with Oble although I can't say for certain if he was enjoying the moment or being his usual snobbish self or too lazy to even care. Tsk tsk. 

He wanted to replicate Oble's pose but he was too lazy.
While we usually plod along Maginhawa for our noms trips, this time around, we proceeded a bit further to Malingap St. to visit π Breakfast and Pies. I tried out their Kitayama Wagyu Beef Sirloin Tapa (kimchee rice!) while C ordered the clear winner for that day: Caramelized Spam!

I'm already happy with fried SPAM but this one's on a whole new level.
I also introduced C to one of my favorite spots along Maginhawa -- Zen Tea! The shop has been my go-to-place for their Detox drink after my usual basketball Sundays. Needless to say, Clancy was delighted during our stay in this shop. Guess he is a fan of milk teas!

Someone seems content and happy with our colorful drinks.
The second part of this Labor Day celebration involved a quick weekend excursion to the warm, bright shores of Camaya Coast. While it took us almost 6 hours to travel from Manila to Bataan, it was definitely worth it once we saw the beachfront.

Never thought I'd see such an amazing view in Bataan.
The place exuded a calm and relaxing atmosphere especially when strolling along the fine sands. However, on this day, our goofball minds won the battle. It must be the monopod!

Please give us money for food.
Clancy wanted some time alone on the rocks which we wholeheartedly granted to him. Such a philosophical bear!

Zen bear being one with nature!
More goofiness when C caught Clancy and me playing around with her monopod. Ooops!

It was all Clancy's idea, by the way.
Come nighttime, the resort hotel provided a surprising aura with its light perfectly illuminating the darkness.

A somber image of the hotel at night.
Finally, one more photo for the three C's. We all love the beach!
Clancy doing a fantastic job holding the monopod.
No food photos on our stay here by the way as I didn't find the food to be anything special or worthy of an IG post. Also, lots of improvement can be done in terms of customer service and room cleanliness. Nevertheless, we had an amazing time here and discovering such a place in Bataan was already a win for me!

Up next: The Anniversary Chronicles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the 29th was Celebrated

Those random movie lists

Take me back to that Sunday*