It just gets better

Before, they were just some sorry, prideful, and egoistic excuses to prove to the universe that I am unshattered, unbent, and unbroken. But now, terms such as 'okay', 'fine', 'getting better' and 'moving on' are breaking the barriers of that sick, sadistic world I enclosed myself with, one where I lost my passion and drive for self-improvement and inner happiness. 

Quiet. Calm. Serene. Peace. 

In the not-so-distant past, these emotions resembled long forgotten relics of the past - hidden and stuck in the deep and dark crevasses of my heart. Yet now, they've started pouring out of those cracks like steam rushing out of a boiling kettle pot. Errr, I'll think of a better metaphor next time but the point is, I am once again getting familiar and comfortable with these emotions and I absolutely freaking like it.

I wouldn't trade this state for anything or anyone else at this point. Nope nope nope.

* * *
No more running / No more hiding / No more hurting / No more crying
No more trouble / No more sighing / No more falling / No more striving
No more heartache / No more fighting / No more fears / Only flying

Yes, Lifehouse you totally get me.

* * *
The recovery process, which would ultimately rely on my Wolverine-like healing powers, has also benefited from the strength forged with newfound allies. One comes in the totally random formation of a crazy alcohol-guzzling squad from the hive known as the "Monday Group". The other one is a triumvirate of Maroons (me included) whose members include a bully pediatrician who specializes in the art of catching babies and the use of the word 'benign' and a musical partner-in-crime who was last seen spreading out insanely witty and humorous jokes about fruits. Yes, fruits.

We all need a good laugh sometimes and I'm grateful to have known these people to share hearty chuckles with.
* * *
To Popoy,

You should be proud of me. I've succeeded in complying and adhering to your infamous "3 Month Rule". It would be nice if you can send me my forever now.

Sincerely,

Charles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the 29th was Celebrated

Those random movie lists

Take me back to that Sunday*