Weekend Thoughts: Jumbled Mumbles

Being alone in one little quiet hole certainly induces episodes of reflection. The same thought process happens when I'm standing under a constant stream of cold water or looking at the hypnotic waves of the sea. I guess one of the reasons I write is to put all these random ideas into a giant imaginary ball then throw it away using one meaningless, harmless post. This is one of those posts.

* * * * *
It was generally yet another meh kind of week which is troubling since it is slowly becoming the norm. The usual cycle of office work, school work, drinking with friends, drinking with the family, and anime binge-watching were well represented but maybe I need to add another member into this circle just to shake things up a bit. Perhaps a new sport like surfing? Learn how to cook so I don't always settle for canned goods and processed foods? Join a charity of my choosing? Giving myself until end of the year to start one.
Included on my to-cook list. Or maybe this is on the to-eat one? 
* * * * *
The mood in Middle-Earth hasn't improved since the last time I sent word about its impending demise. The rumor mill is swirling with news of officers either defecting to other armies or plying their trade into other fields. Is this a sign that I should start polishing my knight's certificate and take a look at the pub's bulletin board for any rewarding hunts? It wouldn't hurt to check, I guess.
* * * * *
Sometimes, little joys find their ways through the cracks. Like just the other day, a choir of sorts serenaded us with yuletide songs while we were busy fiddling with our laptops. Their rendition of a Christmas jingle was insanely catchy. Later in the day, we prepared a signage which was then used for a station ID shooting. I even got myself some bit of airtime and exposure on that one!
And I thought we were all working on the sign. Tsk tsk!
Job well done! But where's the sign?
* * * * *
Term's about to end in a few weeks so I've been quite busy with my student life too these days. Academic matters this week included a 6-minute oral exam in my Leadership class (where I got a 2.5 for talking about my passion for love and relationships) and constructing a review of related literature and methodology for my Methods of Research paper. Graduate school has been a really nice experience thus far.
The research paper is NOT about anime by the way.
* * * * *
Randomly heard Moonstar88's song Torete somewhere and that prompted a revisit to the band's discography. The aforementioned song bombarded me with lines like "Ang iyong mga ngiti, sana ay masilip" which instantly transported me back to my college years. The band's just so good at making tracks that contain so much feels -- Sulat, Sa Langit, Migraine, Senti, Di Kasi, Ang Pag-ibig Kong Ito, Panalangin, Ligaw, Gilid, the list goes on. I am a sucker for those type of songs. Plus, it helps that I have this big crush on their lead singer.
Maysh! *swoooooooons* <3
* * * * *
Started collecting NBA cards again but this time on a more conservative manner. That meant just targeting and purchasing cards of a specific player (in my case, it's Stephen Curry) rather than buy packs and boxes. Currently, I already have 8 cards from his 2014-15 Hoops set which consists of 10 unique base and insert designs. Time to hunt for the last two!
The current haul.
* Kudos to my officemate for receiving the cards that were sent to the office and for that funny insight about the link between relationship status and the number of packages received.*
* * * * *
Been engrossed in the world of anime and there are a couple of amazing shows I've caught up to lately. The ending of season one of Aldnoah.Zero was a cliffhanger, in a kinda Code Geass lite way. Same case with Tokyo Ghoul, viewers are left with so many questions. Not gonna be tempted to read the manga though. Had the time to watch Akame Ga Kill and it's been Game of Thrones-esque in the way that they've been killing off characters left and right. Seriously, I feel like every episode there's someone who's going to die and you just hope it's not one of your favorites. Lastly, Parayste The Maxim continues to be an interestingly weird and grotesque show. A parasitic talking right hand who fights other parasites who've taken control of other human bodies? Weird level over 5000.
IT EVEN READS.
* * * * *
During a recent family gathering, the inevitable questions of marriage came up. It couldn't have come at a better time as I recently came across an article regarding the Peter Pan generation. Yeah, I know the relatives only have good intentions attached to those inquiries but conditions are very different now. The idea of settling down in your mid-late 20s isn't a mandatory requirement that everyone has to comply with. Funny thing is, a couple of years ago, I swear I was on the other side of the fence. Having a family at the age of 25 was a goal back then.

Obviously, that didn't happen and as I look back, I realize I am still unprepared on so many levels, even up to this day. Maturity? I am part of the generation with that burning desire to escape adulthood. I'll take an episode of The Walking Dead over re-runs of Sesame Street every single time. Financially? I have a decent job that's sufficient to pay my bills and occasional luxuries. Don't get me started on my savings and investments though. Emotionally? The previous long-term relationship didn't work out so I'm more inclined to believe that when the time is right, you just feel it. Just a matter of timing.

No marriage, no kids, no mortgage, no plans...no problem.
Words of wisdom from Peter Pan.
* * * * *
I do believe I've checked off one vital item though and that's being with the right person to potentially share a future with. That's already a big chunk of the process right there. <3

"Look for the little joys. Always, always the little joys." So says a quote from the right person. Damn true. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the 29th was Celebrated

Those random movie lists

Take me back to that Sunday*