I'm not a self-help book!

"I'm trying to hold it together but irony's found cracks in the foundation."

"I try so hard to be some great white hope but I can't shake the feeling that tonight I'm gonna end up shaking in bed alone."

"I had to take my own advice and I did. Now, I'm waiting for it to sink in."

"It's not about forcing happiness, it's about not letting sadness win."


I always though it was really cool when you discover a not-so-famous band that blows you away on your first listen. You immediately think that they should be the next-big-thing but in reality, no one in your circle of friends has any freaking idea of who the band is. Such is how I felt when I discovered "The Wonder Years" and their pop-punkish brand of music. While their sound is typical of the one you'll find in this scene, what I think separates them from the rest of their peers is their uncanny songwriting skills and great lyrics. Their songs are a good resource of one-liners and status messages for your Facebook and Twitter profiles. Just look at the lyrics from the featured song "Local Man Ruins Everything" and you'll probably quote one or two lines from that song. I can attest to that since I already used the line in bold. Heh. Again, if you're into this kind of music, do check them out. They're easily one of the few, good, new bands (in the mold of Blink 182, Yellowcard, etc.) out there right now.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How the 29th was Celebrated

Those random movie lists

Take me back to that Sunday*